Want to get involved and be part of the action through volunteering at Sidmouth FolkWeek? You can combine making a positive contribution to the festival with trying out the many different events without having to buy a ticket. Volunteering also offers a great way to come to the festival on your own, and get to know people and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a really great event.
The festival has many established and experienced volunteer teams involved in various aspects of the event: from campsites to venues. If you are a returning volunteer, you will already know the great fun and brilliant experience you gain by being part of these teams, working together to support the festival AND enjoying the wonderful music, dance and song on offer. It generally doesn’t even feel like working!
We are always looking for new volunteers to add to these existing teams and to allow us to create new ones, so we would like to challenge you to ‘bring a new friend’ this year. The more volunteers we have then the less hours you will need to work.
Volunteer applications are now open – please visit www.wickedstewarding.co.uk for more info and details of how to apply.
NEW For 2017 we are working hard to reduce the hours and/or improve benefits for some of the more challenging roles that involve unsocial hours or working for prolonged periods outside.(subject to number of volunteers)
- NEW FREE Bus Pass for the Festival Bus, as well as Festival Pass, if you are working a full week on the Festival Campsite or at Bulverton
- NEW Do a shorter week at Bulverton (15 hours) and get a free BiO instead of a full Festival Pass (BiO includes Camping, access to Bulverton only and the other benefits)
- NEW From 2017, Collectors will do 25 hours for full Festival Pass and all other benefits
- NEW FREE Volunteer Tea Tent at the Campsite – open daily from 9am to 6pm.
- NEW HALF PRICE Children’s Tickets for Volunteer’s children aged 6 to 11 via Box Office on site (5 and under are free)
- FREE FESTIVAL PASS Gives free access to all events (space available) when off duty. (Except Ham evenings Sat. 5th to Thursday 10th Aug and Pre Festivals but good discounts available)—see below
- GOOD HAM EVENING DISCOUNTS For Concerts on Sat. 5th to Thurs. 10th by the likes of Lau, Show of Hands and Spooky Men’s Chorale. Same reductions for Pre Festival concerts
- FREE access to the Fri 4th and Fri 11th Ham Evening Concerts
- FREE Camping on the Festival Campsite
- FREE Sidmouth FolkWeek Volunteer T Shirt and Lanyard
- 15% off all Festival Food Concessions on presentation of Volunteer Festival Pass
- Volunteer Reception with Welcome Drink on first Friday at 4pm in Blackmore Gardens Marquee
- FREE Volunteer handbook/programme of events
For more in-depth details of what each role will require and the amount of hours asked in return for the above, then please click here
Work Experience – If you are looking for a more defined role that gives you Work Experience in the festival world or want to add live event experience to your CV we also have other roles that require a greater time commitment but allows you to work alongside industry professionals on Site Management, Event production, Artist Liaison, Technical Event Production and Site Art. These roles normally go fast so please get your application in as soon as possible.