The centrepiece of concerts at the festival, the Ham Marquee provides a comfortable seated-venue for three first class concerts each day. The final line-up for both evening and afternoon concerts will be announced in early 2017.
The final line-up for the Evening Concerts in the Ham Marquee:
- Fri 4th – COOPE BOYES & SIMPSON: a final appearance at Sidmouth as part of a series of farewell concerts after 25 years of singing and ROY BAILEY: the master of compassionate, political song.
- Sat 5th – THE SPOOKY MEN’S CHORALE: mighty wall of voices combining beauty and silliness. Plus JACQUELEYN HYNES.
- Sun 6th – SHOW OF HANDS WITH MIRANDA SYKES. Plus GEOFF LAKEMAN.
- Mon 7th – LAU: exciting musical adventurists. Plus SIOBHAN MILLER TRIO, led by talented Scottish singer.
- Tue 8th – CATRIN FINCH & SECKOU KEITA: magic-weaving master harpists in award-winning collaboration. Plus SLOW MOVING CLOUDS.
- Wed 9th – RALPH MCTELL & WIZZ JONES – two English musical icons whose recent duo album About Time was 50 years in the making! Plus SHEESHAM AND LOTUS &’SON.
- Thu 10th – DERVISH: the finest Irish traditional music + singing hot property DAOIRI FARRELL.
- Fri 11th – O’HOOLEY & TIDOW: popular duo with powerful songwriting and performance. Plus JIM CAUSLEY TRIO and THE DRYSTONES.
Daytime concerts included in Week, Weekend and Day tickets will feature:
- DUNCAN CHISHOLM: one of Scotland’s most recognised and accomplished fiddle players and composers.
- CHRIS WOOD: a vital voice in contemporary English songwriting with material from new album So Much To Defend.
- GEORGE MONBIOT & EWAN MCLENNAN – Breaking The Spell of Loneliness: a unique and poignant exploration of ideas.
- MARTIN CARTHY & SAM SWEENEY: two generations of folk icon, two masters of their art.
- ZULU TRADITION: dynamic South African music and dance.
- JOSIENNE CLARKE AND BEN WALKER: exquisite crossover success, pairing of pure vocals and guitar.
- LEVERET: three leading lights in beautiful acoustic instrumental music.
- THE CHANGING ROOM: Original folk music from Cornwall courtesy of Sam Kelly and Tanya Brittain.
- CROWS: return of 80s folk favourites with new line-up Mick Ryan, James Patterson, Dave Bordewey and Paul Downes, taking over from much missed Ralph Jordan.
- JIM CAUSLEY TRIO: Devon-inspired songwriting from a singer on peak form, with fiddles and guitar from Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll.
- SARA GREY & KIERON MEANS: real deal American traditions from popular duo.
- BRIGHDE CHAIMBEUL: exciting, in-demand talent and BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award winning piper from Skye.
- JENN BUTTERWORTH & LAURA-BETH SALTER: two voices, mandolin and guitar with a foot in old-time and Scottish traditions.
An All-In-One gives you access to all events and workshops for the whole festival, including Ham Concert Marquee evening concerts at a considerable discount. You can also get to the two Pre-Festival concerts at seriously reduced prices.
Week, Weekend and Day season tickets give access to all events except the Ham Marquee Evening concerts for the period of your ticket. Season tickets give considerable discounts for Ham Marquee Evening concerts. Event tickets go on sale in early May.